Saturday, September 08, 2007

Data Challenge - update

The good news is - I got the data up to the website in under 1/2 an hour; 15 minutes if I dont count the process to export it out of the POS system which is out of my control. It just needs transforming now and fitting into the website, which Andrew is going to do while I take a few days off.

Bad news is - the client REALLY wants it - and wanted us to work over the weekend to deliver it sooner. It left a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth since I was up to 2am the night before and 12am the day earlier to get to this point... I was pretty happy with my achievement until the whip cracked. I guess I need to step back and de-personalise a bit once again.

Weekend work is unfortunately not possible for me to do - at least this week. Wifey made me wipe my hands of work at 5.15pm on friday since we both got 5 days striaght off to hang out with each other in an attempt to destress a bit, and she's doing a bit of whip cracking herself to make sure I don't start coding. Actually, I shouldn't even be writing about it....

No comments: